By James Penney
Through a severe go back to Marxism and psychoanalysis (Freud and Lacan), Penney insists that tips on how to implant sexuality within the box of political antagonism is sarcastically to desert the exhausted premise of a politicised sexuality.
After Queer Theory argues that it is vital to wrest sexuality from the useless finish of identification politics, starting it as much as a common emancipatory fight past the achieve of capitalism's powers of commodification.
Read or Download After Queer Theory: The Limits of Sexual Politics PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Is it attainable to be an ex homosexual? Stanton L. Jones and Mark A. Yarhouse current social technology learn on homosexuality designed to respond to the questions:Can those that obtain religiously-informed psychotherapy adventure a metamorphosis of their sexual orientation? Are such courses damaging to individuals?
Whilst Israel declared its independence in 1948, Harry Truman issued a memo spotting the Israeli executive inside of 11 mins. this day, the U. S. and Israel proceed on as companions in an from time to time debatable alliance—an alliance, many argue, that's powerfully motivated via the Christian correct.
Utilizing a wide range of resources – together with long-closed court docket martial documents, psychiatric and team of workers documents, unit battle diaries, movies, and oral histories – Paul Jackson relates the fight of queer servicemen of all ranks and branches of the Canadian army to slot in to prevent wasting their careers and reputations.
Who and the way we adore might be altering yet our wish to be in a dating endures. This ebook offers an incisive account of the way adventure, comprehend and maintain long term relationships, exploring the emotional, functional and biographical assets that draw on, around the lifestyles direction.
- Queer Identities and Politics in Germany: A History, 1880–1945
- Smearing the Queer: Medical Bias in the Health Care of Gay Men (Haworth Gay & Lesbian Studies)
- Developments in the Histories of Sexualities: In Search of the Normal, 1600–1800 (Transits: Literature, Thought & Culture, 1650–1850)
- Perverts by Official Order: The Campaign Against Homosexuals by the United States Navy (Monographic Supplement #1 to Journal of Homosexuality)
- Departing from Deviance: A History of Homosexual Rights and Emancipatory Science in America
Extra info for After Queer Theory: The Limits of Sexual Politics
After Queer Theory: The Limits of Sexual Politics by James Penney